Camila’s list of 25 things she thinks you MUST DO when in St Andrews.
How many have you done?
1. Go up the St Rule’s Tower for the best view in town.
2. Visit the Cathedral and its museum. The grounds are perfect for a stroll or picnic.
3. Visit the Castle, and go explore the underground passageways.
4. Visit Sallies chapel, the oldest building of the University of St Andrews.
5. Learn about golf at the British Golf Museum (currently closed for refurbishment).
6. Learn about the University of St Andrews’ history at MUSA.
7. Walk along the Scores and enjoy the view on the sea.
8. Walk along West Sands.
9. Go to the port and walk along the pier.
10. Walk around Sallies quad.
11. Walk along Market Street and enjoy the shops and the cobble stones.
12. Ceilidh at Forgan’s.
13. Go put your feet in the sea either at Castle or East Sands (only for summer months!).
14. Try yourself at golf or observe the golfers at the 18th hole of the Old Course (and have your picture taken at the iconic swilcan bridge).
15. Live music at the Criterion.
16. Stop for tea and cake at Bibi’s Bakery.
17. Get ice cream at Jannettas.
18. Grab a drink at the Jigger Inn.
19. Eat fresh seafood at the Seafood Restaurant.
20. Grab afternoon tea at the Old Course Hotel.
21. Have breakfast or brunch at North Point Cafe.
That should keep your stay quite busy, even if you think it’s such a small town!
Have you ever been to St Andrews? Anything to add to Camila’s list?
Camila is 25 year old writer, wanderluster, book sniffer, movie lover and self confessed all around nerd.