West Port

  • Westport

The West Port is one of the very few examples of a medieval city gate remaining in Scotland. Built in 1589 and renovated in 1843, it stands at the bottom of St Andrews’ South Street provides an imposing welcome to the town centre – just the effect its builders wished it to have, over 400 years ago.

Access available at all times. View Historic Scotland’s website for more information about the history of this structure.