This week we have a guest blog from Cairnie Fruit Farm, the long established family run business in nearby Cupar. The farm and Cairnie House itself are beautifully situated on 120 acres, 45 of which are producing top quality fruit for the highly regarded Pick Your Own as well as for the supermarket soft fruit industry. But there is so much more to do and see at Cairnie! Here they share their Top 5 things for all the family to enjoy.
1) Pick Your Own soft fruit at Cairnie Fruit Farm which is one of the original family run ‘PYO’ enterprises in Scotland. Choose between strawberries, raspberries, red/blackcurrants, gooseberries, tayberries, brambles, cherries, apples and pumpkins depending on the seasonality of the fruits. Great healthy fun for all the family as well as ensuring consumption of several of your ‘Five a Day’!
2) Mega Maze come and get lost in our 6 acre Mega Maze, made of … maize! Each year we choose a different theme and plant it to a different design; this year we will depict the Olympic Games to reflect London 2012. The Mega Maze opens usually at the beginning of July in time for the school holidays, until end of October and then it is harvested and fed to cattle ensuring environmental efficiency!
3) Funyard bring the kids and have a great day out in the fresh air playing on and in the straw bale climbing fortress, racing around the peddle go-cart track, bouncing on the numerous trampolines, swinging on the crazy swings. Other activities include a giant sandbox, zip wires, ride on diggers, XL bouncing pillow and an ATV barrel ride. New for 2012 season and hot off the press news: the ‘Cairnie Cresta Run’ grass bob sleigh run – you heard it here first!
4) Farmshop browse through our lovely spacious shop where you can find our freshly picked fruit grown on the farm, taste our award winning Cairnie Fruit Farm Jam – ‘Cam’s Jam’, be tempted by Cairnie’s takeaway home baking as well as a varied selection of home grown and locally sourced seasonal veg from Fife. We also have a great selection of specialty fine foods and a fun array of books, cards and gifts. We are delighted to be launching a brand new range of fabulous Cairnie branded ‘booty’ with a catchy new strawberry logo, exclusively available in the Cairnie Farm Shop.
5) Tearoom choose from our popular family friendly menu offering wholesome healthy food including homemade quiches, pies, paninis, hearty soups as well as some naughty treats! We are renowned for our wonderful fresh homebaking in particular the mouthwatering Cairnie ‘MegaTart’. We also cater for kids birthday parties with access to the Maze and Funyard as part of the package. Open 7 days a week throughout the season from 9.30am to 5.00pm
And finally …..
Cairnie Fruit Farm & Mega Maze was awarded Scotland’s Best Rural Enterprise by the Scottish Countryside Alliance 2012 as voted for by our customers & visitors.
Doors open at Cairnie Fruit Farm & Mega Maze for the 2012 season on 30thMarch in time for the Easter Holidays !